Altair Health’s neuro-oncology program puts each patient and his or her family at the center of all treatment-related decisions.
Caring for patients with malignant brain or spinal cord tumors is a complex task that requires input from many specialists. That’s why we developed an interdisciplinary team of experts in brain tumor surgery, radiation oncology, neuro-oncology, neuro-radiology, neurology, neuro-pathology, nutrition, physiatry and social work who provide the most effective and safest treatment for the most challenging types of tumors.
In addition, we bring each patient’s case before our multi-disciplinary neuro-oncology tumor board where all medical specialties collaborate to make the best diagnosis and design the most effective individualized treatment plan.
With expert training and state-of-the-art technology, our surgeons are able to safely operate on the most challenging brain tumors using cutting-edge technology and techniques including:
- Computer-assisted image guided stereotaxis (neuronavigation)
- Endoscopic and minimally invasive surgery
- Awake intraoperative functional brain mapping
- Electrophysiological motor and sensory mapping
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Functional MRI, Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) and magnetoencephalography (MEG) imaging
Altair Health brain tumor specialists are active participants in national clinical trials and the development and delivery of innovative treatments such as:
- Novocure TTF therapy for recurrent glioblastoma
- Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery for recurrent glioma
- Temozolamide and Beva (Avastin) for adult malignant glioma
- Brain tumor vaccine clinical trials
- Endoscopic surgery for resection of deep-seated brain tumors
- Resection cavity stereotactic radiosurgery for brain metastases
- Molecular tumor profiling including: MGMT, IDH-1, IDH-2, 1p19q and EDFR status