Growing Altair Health/Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists Center seeks Certified Professional Coder/ Medical Billing Specialist with a minimum of two years billing experience to become an integral part of our Billing/Collections team.
This person will be a full-time, goal-oriented, revenue-driven, highly accurate and motivated coder/ biller. Duties include, but are not limited to: Charge entry, follow up on unpaid claims, and filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement.
- Computer experience is essential, including, but not limited to: practice management software preferably Centricity or eClinicals, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of guidelines for various Insurance payers.
- Experience in filing claim appeals with insurance companies to ensure maximum reimbursement.
- Responsible use of confidential information.
- Perform to company standards of compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with fellow employees and patients.
DETAILED WORK ACTIVITIES
- Ensure all claims are submitted with a goal of zero errors.
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
- Meet deadlines.
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
- Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
- Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
- Regularly meet with Manager to discuss and resolve reimbursement issues or billing obstacles.
- Stay abreast of all Coding and Billing guidelines.
- Keep Coding/Billing Certification in good standing.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisory or Management team.