Full Job Description
Altair Health is seeking a Full-Time Medical Assistant to work in a multi-faceted role. The MA role will travel between the Wayne, NJ location and Morristown, NJ location. Including, but not limited to: Call center, phone triage, scribing, medication line, scheduling, prior authorizations for medications, clinical intakes, assisting MD/NP’s throughout the day, urine specimen collections, etc.. The ideal candidate will float between our Wayne and Morristown locations.
- Personify Altair Health’s core values of customer service and teamwork.
- Ability to Scribe or the willingness to learn.
- Maintain patient records by accurately recording medical history, vital statistics, etc., scanning related documents.
- Checking and verifying schedules and organizing patient flow to help minimize wait time and efficiently communicate delays to patients.
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room and assist patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens and preparing for exams.
- Collecting patient history and assisting Provider with various procedures and screenings.
- Relaying instructions to patients/families and providing pertinent information.
- Patient Records and following HIPAA regulations.
- Sending and receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab/X-ray reports and hospital notes to provide Provider with complete patient history.
- Instructing patients about medications and special diets. Transmitting prescription refills as directed.
- Administering electrocardiograms when instructed.
- Removing sutures and changing dressings.
- Complete forms/requisitions as needed to ensure patient records are accurate and claims can be properly billed.
- Adheres to Patient Confidentiality Policies and HIPAA regulations. · Quality Control and OSHA.
- Setting up instruments and equipment’s and equipment according to department protocols, cleaning exam/procedure rooms and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control, maintaining and cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program, restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Adhere to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines and standardized quality control methods to provide the highest quality of patient care.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with EMR preferred.
Altair Health offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Our comprehensive benefit package includes:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Face mask required.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical Office MA: 2 years (Required)
- AAMA, NCCT or AMT Certificate (Preferred)