The Altair Health Neurovascular Center specializes in the most innovative treatments for stroke and aneurysm and other neurovascular problems. This is just one reason why most area physicians refer their patients to us.
We spearhead the ongoing research that brings advances and continuous improvement to this highly specialized practice of medicine. We specialize in the rapidly evolving field of endovascular neurosurgery, the minimally invasive treatment of neurovascular diseases that uses cutting-edge medical technology.
Our Stroke Centers are the busiest in the state and have treated hundreds of patients suffering from ischemic, hemorrhagic, Transient ischemic attack (TIA) and other vascular conditions.
Whether your condition requires urgent or long-term care, specialists from a variety of medical disciplines will work together to provide the best possible treatment plan.
Our multidisciplinary team features board-certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeons who are known for their expertise, experience, innovation, empathy and outcomes. Drs. Ronald Benitez, director of the Altair Neurovascular Center; Kyle Chapple; and Paul Saphier provide fast, thorough evaluation and state-of-the-art treatments. They work closely with radiologists, stroke neurologists, neuro-intensivists and stroke rehabilitation experts to manage each patient’s care from start to finish.
Under the directorship of Dr. Ronald Benitez, the Altair Health Neurovascular Center maintains high-level collaboration with the top comprehensive stroke centers in the state of New Jersey. Our program provides the latest equipment and technology to treat a variety of disorders in state-of-the-art facilities. Among the conditions we treat are brain aneurysms, cerebral hemorrhage, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), cavernous angiomas, and ischemic stroke.
Our services include:
- 24/7 capability to accept patient transfers
- Diagnostic imaging services, including CT angiography and 3-D angiography
- Neurointerventional radiology services, such as aneurysm coiling, stent placement, and arteriovenous malformation embolization
- Emergency ischemic stroke treatment utilizing the latest Stentriever technology
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Neurosurgery services such as microneurosurgical aneurysm clipping, cerebral bypass, ventriculostomy, and cerebrospinal fluid shunting
- Neurosurgery intensive care units at our affiliated hospitals
- Neuroanesthesia services
- Neurorehabilitation services